Ethica · ethical finance game
Ethica is an educational role play game to explore the social and environmental impact of banking, investments and business and help individuals make more responsible and ethical decisions when managing their own money.
The game has been designed to be played with adults from age 15 upwards in secondary schools, universities, youth groups, adult education groups and other environments where there is an interest in ethical finance. Ethica can be played with a minimum of 6 to 27 players.
Visit the Ethica website for more details.
Training programmes: We offer train the trainer programmes for educators, change agents, high school and University professors, activists and anyone else with an interest in promoting ethical finance and basic financial literacy with groups of young people and adults.
Ethica partners: Barcelonya developed Ethica in collaboration with five other European organisations specialised in ethical finance, microcredits and education for sustainability; based on the initial idea of Reseau Financement Alternatif. It is available in English, Spanish, French, Polish and Catalan.
Learning outcomes: By the end of the game players will be able to:
- Learn how personal savings and investments can affect other people, the planet and the global economy – both for better and for worse.
- Understand the pros and cons of different investments and savings, and their levels of financial, social and environmental risk.
- Be able to make more informed, ethical choices about how we can use and invest our money in a socially and environmentally responsible way.
- Understand how money can be a tool for both sustainable and unsustainable development in a range of businesses.
- Understand how banks can use and abuse the money that we invest in them.
- Understand how we can influence banks and businesses by choosing our bank or investing our money.
Ethica is certified by the Personal Finance Education Group.